Thursday, December 20, 2012

In case of Apocalypse...

Santa came early.

Kelly got two custom photo printed canvases from Zazzle. The big one is a picture of us that our friend Elizabeth took at Little River Canyon. It measures 22" x 30".


The smaller one was Santa's creative way of having Kelly's big Alabama Bass from the Cahaba River "mounted." The canvas measures 15" x 20".


It's not quite life size, but the 20" length of the canvas is equal to the actual length of the fish. That way you don't have to stretch your imagination much to figure out exactly how big the fish was. That Santa is a wise old elf.

I got some replacements for my lost "Tennessee Shad" Rapala Husky Jerk lure.


Santa also brought me some supplies to support my recent return to being an artist.


Hopefully, we'll escape the impending Apocalypse so we can actually enjoy our early Christmas gifts.

This isn't the first doomsday we've made it through in recent times, and it likely won't be the last.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on the photos..zazzle, I'm going to check them out.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan, I was a bit skeptical about how the printed canvases would turn out, but they did a really nice job with them. If you decide to order one, be patient and wait for a sale. I joined "Zazzle black" which gives you free shipping for only $10 a year, and they e-mail me special offers all the time. I know it would have cost a whole lot more than $10 to ship these big awkward boxes, but it didn't cost me any extra.

      Delete
  2. Nice going Jay and Kelly. You managed to sneak an early Christmas...just in case. I love the canvas photos and also look forward to seeing more art from you. A very Merry Christmas to the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howard, we wish you a Merry Christmas too! I'm about to post my first piece of fish art. I hope you like it.

      Delete