Maybe it's because Kelly and I went back and fished that sweet looking carp spot we found, but couldn't catch anything more than a few little Bluegills. The water was much higher than when we originally discovered it... the flats were essentially gone... and with all of our recent rain, they've yet to return.
I'm hoping my devoted readers (all seven of you) can help inspire me to write my next post.
I'm giving you the following choices:
- The story of my recent restoration of an old wooden long bow I found in the trash. I'm no bowyer nor can I even claim to be a bow hunter, but I have been playing with bows and arrows since I was a kid. This one will be about a whole lot more than just the "how I done it" on the restoration.
- A review of our recent fishing adventures, which have been less than stellar. I figured I would at least offer this one for those of you (like me) who can't get enough pictures of 6" Bluegill and 10" bass.
- The story of my recent "fishing gear bonanza"... as my friend Don called it. In February, I posted about a box of fly-tying materials that contained an old Pflueger Medalist reel sent to me by a friend of a friend. This one will be about the second installment of Nancy's generosity and a tribute to a fisherman I never met, but a kindred spirit for sure... Nancy's father, Tom Wellborn.
- A comparison review of some minimalist footwear that I've recently discovered: New Balance Minimus and Merrell Barefoot.
- Yet another review of Redington's Sonic-Pro Zip Front waders for your enjoyment. It seems like all of the really cool fly fisher bloggers got some for review... and somehow so did we. The only difference between our review and theirs: we got the women's version for review too.
I think that's probably enough options for now. Please vote by number in the comments below. I'll take votes until the next post is posted... which should happen this weekend, so try to get your votes in by Saturday morning.
Don't worry if your choice doesn't get picked for my next post. It's coming down the wire soon enough... I promise.