Wednesday, September 5, 2012

You pick my next post

For whatever reason, I've had a bit of "blogger's block" lately.

Maybe it's because Kelly and I went back and fished that sweet looking carp spot we found, but couldn't catch anything more than a few little Bluegills. The water was much higher than when we originally discovered it... the flats were essentially gone... and with all of our recent rain, they've yet to return.

I'm hoping my devoted readers (all seven of you) can help inspire me to write my next post.

I'm giving you the following choices:
  1. The story of my recent restoration of an old wooden long bow I found in the trash. I'm no bowyer nor can I even claim to be a bow hunter, but I have been playing with bows and arrows since I was a kid. This one will be about a whole lot more than just the "how I done it" on the restoration.
  2. A review of our recent fishing adventures, which have been less than stellar. I figured I would at least offer this one for those of you (like me) who can't get enough pictures of 6" Bluegill and 10" bass.
  3. The story of my recent "fishing gear bonanza"... as my friend Don called it. In February, I posted about a box of fly-tying materials that contained an old Pflueger Medalist reel sent to me by a friend of a friend. This one will be about the second installment of Nancy's generosity and a tribute to a fisherman I never met, but a kindred spirit for sure... Nancy's father, Tom Wellborn.
  4. A comparison review of some minimalist footwear that I've recently discovered: New Balance Minimus and Merrell Barefoot.
  5. Yet another review of Redington's Sonic-Pro Zip Front waders for your enjoyment. It seems like all of the really cool fly fisher bloggers got some for review... and somehow so did we. The only difference between our review and theirs: we got the women's version for review too.
I think that's probably enough options for now. Please vote by number in the comments below. I'll take votes until the next post is posted... which should happen this weekend, so try to get your votes in by Saturday morning.

Don't worry if your choice doesn't get picked for my next post. It's coming down the wire soon enough... I promise.

23 comments:

  1. Got to be Pflueger Medalist, the American Hardy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forthcoming post won't really be much more about the Pfleuger Medalist, but will be a follow up to that post I wrote earlier this year. There will certainly be some other vintage gear featured however. I'm counting your vote for #3 regardless.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to see something different so I am going with the bow restoration as well. I have a strange fascination with people propelled projectiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 votes for the bow it is! I enjoy propelling projectiles myself.

      Delete
  3. I'm voting for #3 or a snake story whichever comes first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have predicted you would pick #3. I always have a good snake story or two, but I don't have any that are new.

      So we're at 2 votes each for #1 and #3.

      I need more votes folks!

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have to go with #3...I really enjoyed the first installment of that story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed part one. I'm looking forward to writing part two. Thanks for voting.

      Delete
  5. All of the above, but if I were to choose one, I'd go with the bow restoration...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote, unfortunately we're now tied again.

      I need a majority vote to declare a winner.

      Please help me by voting!

      Delete
  6. I'm primarily a fisherman but recently have begun to hunt....my vote is for the bow restoration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually surprised by the popularity of the bow thus far. Thanks for voting.

      Current vote count:
      #1 = 4
      #3 = 3

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote!

      Current vote count:
      #1 = 5
      #3 = 3

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote! The bow is taking quite a lead. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

      Current vote count:
      #1 = 6
      #3 = 3

      Delete
  9. My choices:
    #1 I'm with Howard - a cool snake story.
    #2 Redington waders. My wife has a hard time finding comfortable waders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, thanks for voting. I'm sure I'll have at least one more snake story before winter arrives. However, since snakes weren't officially a choice, I'll count your vote for #5. I won't give it all away, but I'll go ahead and tell you Kelly really likes her Sonic-Pros.

      Delete
    2. Current vote count:
      #1 = 6
      #3 = 3
      #5 = 1

      Delete
  10. Hi Jay
    Since I have a hole in the left leg of my waders, I will go with number 5 the Redington Waders. These are quality waders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your vote, Bill. Kelly and I tested them out on your home water- the Sipsey Fork.

      Current vote count:
      #1 = 6
      #3 = 3
      #5 = 2

      Delete