Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's this?

There's been a recent flurry of fishing related activity in the mailbox. The annual Bass Pro fishing catalog came in and so did the Cabela's Fly Fishing catalog. The annual Trout Unlimited solicitation for membership followed as well. I promise I would join if the budget wasn't so tight around here. The limited financial resources also make the arrival of those catalogs something of an annoyance.

Of particular interest was yet another piece of fly fishing mail. Eastern Fly Fishing, the fly fishing magazine I probably enjoy most, has introduced a more regional specific Southeast Edition. I think I may have found a magazine worthy of a subscription. (They've got other regional editions too in case you didn't know.)


I credit Eastern Fly Fishing for introducing Kelly and I to one of our favorite outdoor places. I even wrote an article about it for Examiner.com back when I was still actively producing content there. I admit I'm pretty excited to see an edition of Eastern Fly Fishing more focused on the specific region I call home.

My favorite fish, they must have been thinking of me... but no.

Now for the troubling part...

If you look closely at the photo above, you'll notice the card is addressed to Kelly and not me. After I noticed this, I took a closer look and the TU letter was addressed to her as well.

I don't even know how they got her name, but I think it's official...

I'm no longer the fly fisher-man of the house.

Maybe they've been reading the blog.

10 comments:

  1. Okay, now I've got to go through the trash to check and see whose name those same catalogs were addressed to. Oh the humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how ya feel, brother. I just do the driving and bum flies from Erin...what have I become?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha.. too funny. My lady holds the pocket book. If the fly fishing companies appease her, they get more money from me. It would be huge for me if they sent her flowers. Then I could buy a new rod :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure where to start, but all I can say is that I feel your pain. Bridget has started to receive similar types of mail...looks like we're being left in the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of the comments, gentlemen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't speak to the above. But can admit to receiving the occasional knitting solicitation. I swear I dunno how that trend started. :-/ howevah SWFF is the only print mag I subscribe to. Oh and BIKE. Both are stellar. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jay
    You Kelly and I are all on the same mailing list. I got most all of those this past week. Like you I am very interested in the Eastern Fly Fishing, may end up getting aboard with them. Glad to see you back. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eastern Fly Fishing rocks. You will not be disappointed with a subscription.

    ReplyDelete