Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We're back!

Kelly and I finally got in a whole afternoon of fishing. We went to the Spring River in Arkansas on Saturday to annoy the fishes.

Stocker double Rainbow

As is typical with the Spring, I caught a bass when I was trying to catch a trout. I'll gratefully take whatever the river gives.

Largemouth Bass can be "coldwater" fish too.

By the way, happy birthday to the Outdoor Blogger Network. Although there is no actual distinction, I consider myself a charter member. I joined the OBN almost as soon as I started my blog on October 20, 2010. The Naturalist's Angle practically shares a birthday with the OBN.


Here's to many more for all of us who are part of the OBN family, and a special thanks to Joe and Rebecca for bringing us all together. I think most members would agree, without the OBN we would pretty much be lost in cyberspace.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on a year of sharing your experiences, and doubly so on finally getting some time on the water. I hope the new job allows you to still get out on a regular basis. Hip hip hooray for OBN as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'll gratefully take whatever the river gives." Great post, and glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, what they said. You were missed. How about posting something on turtles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. Turtles, huh? I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could write a whole post of the turtle community of the house alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to have you guys back! I thought maybe you went into hiding for the Memphis football season. Thought about that myself. Ah heck - Go Tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff, thanks. Glad to be back.

    Kelly, do I have a turtle community? Oh wait... yeah I think I do.

    Ty, you'll only hear me shout "Go Tigers!" at Lady Tiger volleyball matches and once basketball season gets going. I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jay
    Those trout look like the 12" variety---I will take those all day on my 3 wt. Glad you guys had the time to make the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bill, those are the 10-12" variety. You'll notice the one in Kelly's hand is slightly larger than the one in my hand... as usual.

    ReplyDelete