Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A song for Kelly

I know my faithful followers are anxiously awaiting my report on our trip to the U.P. of Michigan, but for whatever reason I've got a bit of writer's block on that story. Maybe it's because there isn't much of a story. We had a good time, but in some ways the trip was rather low key. I probably feel that way because we didn't have much fishing success. Well, anyway, most of what I have to share from our trip will be photos and I'll start getting that post together tonight.

In the meantime, here's Kelly's best catch of the trip from Rock Creek (Kankakee River tributary) in Illinois:


Also, I heard this song on the radio today and couldn't help but think of Kelly. So, if you're listening out there...
Kelly, this long distance dedication is for you...



Oh yeah, my baby loves to... FISH!

14 comments:

  1. Jay you're a class act. I tip my hat to Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cofisher, are you sure you didn't mean class clown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Illinois represent!

    Sorry I was unable to meet you two. Next time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That song pretty much sums it up. He had me at "I like to fly-fish."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the post tonight. And it's great to have a fly fishing partner, who's also your woman...or man, as the case may be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a lucky man Jay...looking forward to hearing about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, your Jay ("Jay Z") should hear that silly song. I imagine he could identify with it.

    Sanders, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure "Jay Z" will...I'll make sure he hears it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jay
    You are one lucky guy to have Kelly to share your fishing adventures with you, and let me mention this she can fish tooooooo!!!!
    Both of you guys need to come down and fish the Sipsey River with me this summer, really a much better place than in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bill, we can probably arrange that pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw...a long distance dedication.

    I know about the writers block. I had one before vacation, and still have it going on. Perhaps, I am just so busy. When your mind is full of other things, it is tough to write.

    -stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's called Blogger's Block, Jay;-). Will you send me your most current e-mail address? Mine hasn't changed. Thanks!!! Hope all is well:).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I'm just now reading this post and you have yet to post the happenings of the trip that everyone is so anxiously awaiting! Get to it, James!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen, thanks for the hip new vocabulary.

    Elizabeth, I'm workin' on it.

    ReplyDelete