Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'd like to go fishing with...

This post was prompted by the Outdoor Blogger Network.

First and foremost, if I had any choice in a fishing partner it would be Kelly... no offense guys... but if she was busy or otherwise unavailable, there are a few of my fellow OBN bloggers whose company I would enjoy on the water.
  1. Howard "Cofisher" of the blog "Wind Knots & Tangled Lines." I credit Howard for inspiring me to join the blogosphere. As I've told him, his blog was the one that made me think "this blogging thing is pretty cool." If we were to go fly fishing together I would have to take my antique Garcia fiberglass rod just so he wouldn't pick on me about my rod being made out of pencil lead. I can say that if we were out on the stream together I could protect him from all of those Colorado Chiropterans... they don't scare me.
  2. Bill of the blog "Fishing Through Life." I enjoy Bill's blog and we live in the same region. I think this one may become a reality pretty soon. I'm looking forward to fishing with Bill on Smith Lake for Spotted Bass.
  3. Clif of the blog "Lunker Hunt." A fellow bass fly rodder with a good sense of humor... 'nuff said.
  4. Pat "Smallie Stalker" of the blog "Warm Water Journal." The dude ties the most amazing deer hair bass bugs. I just hope he would share a few with me if I took him to some of my favorite Smallmouth streams.
  5. Mike of the blog "Troutrageous." A multi-species fly fisher with an interesting sense of humor and one of the most entertaining blogs out there. Who wouldn't want to go fishing with the genius behind "Troutrageous"?
  6. Mark of the blog "Intro to the Outdoors." I really like Mark's honest approach to his blog. He's invited us along on his journey to become a more experienced outdoorsman. I for one think it's our duty to share as much knowledge as we can to help him along on his journey. I would love to take him fishing... he might not learn much, but I would share what I know gladly.
  7. Mike of the blog "Mike's Gone Fishin'... Again." He fishes one of the most amazing looking Largemouth Bass rivers I've ever seen. I would be honored to have him show me around his beautiful little corner of the world.
  8. Ty of the blog "Finewater Fly Fishing." Ty and I have fished some of the same waters... just not together. There's one very special place in Alabama that I think we both hold in very high esteem... I imagine that's probably where we would go.
  9. Last, but certainly not least, Owl Jones of the blog "Fly Fishing the Southern Blue Ridge." Owl and I have had our differences on certain issues, and I'm sure we could have a fun political argument conversation on the way to the ol' fishin' hole... but I really think he would be a fun guy to go fishing with. I imagine all of our differences would go away if we were both fly fishing for giant Brook Char in Labrador.
Well, I think that list is quite enough. I apologize to anyone I left out... although I doubt anyone's feelings will be hurt. I'd go fly fishing with just about anyone... honestly. If any of you are ever in my neck of the woods and want to go fishing, just let me know.

15 comments:

  1. I'm honored, Jay, to be included in such esteemed company. Here's an open invitation to visit my beautiful little corner of the world whenever you happen to find yourself at this end of I-40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Clif... all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm flattered...Of course I would throw you a bug or two...Let's get smallie catching....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, I can't wait for the first Smallie of 2011. I expect it may still be a couple months before that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...Can't there be a #10? Heehee. Good List!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess there can be a #10... but you might have to learn how to fish for something other than trout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honored to be a part of your list, Jay. Lemme know if you plan a trip out this way and let's hit some of that beautiful Alabama water. Or maybe the Smokies. Or the South Holston. Or all of the above. By the way, I will likely be in Memphis in September for a week. Might be needing some tips on good gar water out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thank you very much from the bottom of my bottom. I'm looking forward to meeting sometime Jay, I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for putting me on your list Jay. Hopefully our get-together in July comes to fruition and we can all catch some smallies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ty, I'll be glad to recommend or show you some good gar water. September is a great time for bass too.

    Cofisher, I don't know if I'll make the OBN rendezvous, but I'm sure I'll make it back out to CO sometime soon.

    Mark, my plan is to camp at Kankakee River State Park on the night of July 5th on my way north. I'll probably arrive early enough for some evening fishing on the 5th and then a couple hours before we head on the morning of the 6th. On the way back we plan to camp there again on July 8th, probably fish a bit on the morning of the 9th. It will be a whirlwind adventure. Hopefully one of those times will work out for us to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Jay. I'm very honored to have made the list. I've just about sworn off politics after a recent post on my personal FB account by a fellow blogger. And just for the record, I loathe politics. I hate it. can't stand it, or almost all politicians! I'm no friend to any party and although I'm sure the "discussions" would be interesting, I'd rather just focus on fishing if it's all the same to you. :) I'm with Howard...I hope to see you in CO this August. Heck, for that matter I hope I make it to CO this August! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Owl, thanks for stopping by. Not sure I'll be able to make it to the OBN rendezvous. I think a lot of people would be disappointed if you didn't go.
    I really hate politics too. I'm glad we live in free country where we can be political if we choose, but I wish everyone would work together for the common good a bit more.
    I'd rather focus on fly fishing too. We are brothers of the angle after all. We should definitely stay focused on the ties that bind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jay
    Just now got to my blog, I have been in Miss. for the past two days trying to fish Legion Lake in Winona. The weather was cold and this morning was a wash out completely. Thanks for the trip mention, and I am looking forward to our trip come spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bill,
    Sorry to hear your trip to MS wasn't so hot... I guess it was actually pretty cold. I'm ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete