First and foremost, if I had any choice in a fishing partner it would be Kelly... no offense guys... but if she was busy or otherwise unavailable, there are a few of my fellow OBN bloggers whose company I would enjoy on the water.
- Howard "Cofisher" of the blog "Wind Knots & Tangled Lines." I credit Howard for inspiring me to join the blogosphere. As I've told him, his blog was the one that made me think "this blogging thing is pretty cool." If we were to go fly fishing together I would have to take my antique Garcia fiberglass rod just so he wouldn't pick on me about my rod being made out of pencil lead. I can say that if we were out on the stream together I could protect him from all of those Colorado Chiropterans... they don't scare me.
- Bill of the blog "Fishing Through Life." I enjoy Bill's blog and we live in the same region. I think this one may become a reality pretty soon. I'm looking forward to fishing with Bill on Smith Lake for Spotted Bass.
- Clif of the blog "Lunker Hunt." A fellow bass fly rodder with a good sense of humor... 'nuff said.
- Pat "Smallie Stalker" of the blog "Warm Water Journal." The dude ties the most amazing deer hair bass bugs. I just hope he would share a few with me if I took him to some of my favorite Smallmouth streams.
- Mike of the blog "Troutrageous." A multi-species fly fisher with an interesting sense of humor and one of the most entertaining blogs out there. Who wouldn't want to go fishing with the genius behind "Troutrageous"?
- Mark of the blog "Intro to the Outdoors." I really like Mark's honest approach to his blog. He's invited us along on his journey to become a more experienced outdoorsman. I for one think it's our duty to share as much knowledge as we can to help him along on his journey. I would love to take him fishing... he might not learn much, but I would share what I know gladly.
- Mike of the blog "Mike's Gone Fishin'... Again." He fishes one of the most amazing looking Largemouth Bass rivers I've ever seen. I would be honored to have him show me around his beautiful little corner of the world.
- Ty of the blog "Finewater Fly Fishing." Ty and I have fished some of the same waters... just not together. There's one very special place in Alabama that I think we both hold in very high esteem... I imagine that's probably where we would go.
- Last, but certainly not least, Owl Jones of the blog "Fly Fishing the Southern Blue Ridge." Owl and I have had our differences on certain issues, and I'm sure we could have a fun political
argumentconversation on the way to the ol' fishin' hole... but I really think he would be a fun guy to go fishing with. I imagine all of our differences would go away if we were both fly fishing for giant Brook Char in Labrador.